Tuesday, May 8, 2012

what time does school start in Japan


what time does school start in Japan?
like high school, what time do classes begin? or what time do you need to be at school?
Japan - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
High School classes usually start somewhere between 8:30 am - 9:00 am depending on the school. A lot of the kids will be at school before that time if they are involved in a club and have club activities These kids are usually at school from about 6:30 am.
2 :
As has been pointed out, the start time varies from school to school. Usually around 8:30, but it varies. The thing is that many club activities have morning practices, requiring the students to get there as early as 7:00.
3 :
It varies. I'm an assistant teacher in Japan at elementary and junior high schools. My schools start at 8:00 but many of my friends teach at schools that start at 8:30. I think I know of one that starts at 9:00. 8:30 seems to be the most common. At my schools 8:00 is the start of homeroom and then other classes begin at 8:30.