Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How is school in Japan


How is school in Japan?
So I might be moving to Japan, and I just had a few questions for people who know/teach/or are residences of Japan. 1- Do you have to be fluent in Japanese to attend the schools? 2- Do you have to study a lot? (Heard rumors) 3- Will you get a very good education there? Thanks a lot, if you can answer :)
Japan - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i wish i was moving to japan i dnt live there bu ti know alot about it from stuff not really alot of japanese schools have english class so u might be able to comunicate with teachers if not students i dnt know about studies very good education system u have to apply for a high school there XD
2 :
1, Yes, you must be fluent in Japanese. But there are international schools where they teach in English. 2, It depends on each school. 3, It depends on what you mean by good education.
3 :
Hi. I’m Japanese who goes to college in the U.S. now. I’m not sure if it would help, but let me answer your questions. 1. I think it all depends on what kind of school you are going to go. university or high school? private or public? typical Japanese school or international school? If you are thinking about universities which most Japanese go, then you need to know about Japanese for taking classes. Many people attend Japanese language school or some kind of program that the universities provide before they actually take regular (academic) classes with Japanese students. If you are thinking about high school, then some schools have programs that help you improve your Japanese. My high school had a Japanese class for exchange students, and they took the class as well as other regular classes with Japanese students. Either ways, you do not need to be FLUENT in Japanese:) You come to Japan and study, and then you will be able to speak, read, and write Japanese. Once the school accepts you as student, they are responsible for you as non-native speaker. As you can see from my sentences, I make a lot of mistakes, and my English is not perfect. But I can take classes here in the U.S. lol Don't worry!! 2. Do you have to study a lot? I did not. Lol I studied for exams. I did not have much homework in my high school. Well, it also depends on school. Some high school students go to private tutoring school for their extra time. A lot of students (high school and university), however, study when they have tests or homework. I feel that here in the U.S, students have more homework than Japanese have. Of course, if you feel you fall behind, then you need to study hard. 3. I do not know if you get a very good education. You will get an education in the way Japanese see the world.
4 :
1. Yes ofcourse but there are international schools for foreigners that use English as their school language. 2. I only study for exams and I don't really do my homeworks or researches much. But right now, I'm slowly reviewing for university entrance exams. 3. It depends on the person if you study or not. It's not on the school, it's on the person's will.



Read more discussion :