Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Would going to school in Japan for about a year mess up my schooling when I go back to America


Would going to school in Japan for about a year mess up my schooling when I go back to America?
I really want to go to Japan through a foreign exchange program. I thought it would be really cool to go to school there. My parents told me I can't do that because it would just send me off track for when I get back to America. I started thinking about it and it kind of freaked me out. Should I pay for the year of schooling or not?
Japan - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
if you are a good student and u talk to ur teachers and they think it is ok den u should go if you can speak japanese well and u can understand things when u go to school there den dat is good too
2 :
No, From what I know about studying abroad you won't actually get a grade but a check if you passed or if you fail (which hopefully you won't) And by the time you come back to America you will actually be ahead of your classmates because the japanese have a much harder education system and it goes much faster. It will look very good on a college application! Lots of Luck! -Sarah <3
3 :
It all depends on the academic program you participate in. If that program does not satisfy your basic academic needs as required by your school it will set you back. Example, when I was in college, the university offered a program that covered the 3rd year requirements. My classmates returned back from that 1 year program and we all graduated after our fourth year. On the contrary, another college friend, who had excellent Japanese spent a year in high school in Japan. He basically went to a school that did not provide the basic academic classes and education that was required by his high school back in the states. He learned Japanese to a level beyond th expectations of his teachers, but there were no classes taken in math, science or English. He graduated one year after his peers.