Friday, July 24, 2009

Would I have to test into a high school in Japan for foreign exchange


Would I have to test into a high school in Japan for foreign exchange?
I'm going to be in Japan this coming March via AFS, and I will be there for 1 year. I just want to know from any past foreign exchange students in Japan; Did you have to test into high school, or were you just assigned a high school and schedule? Nobody knows?
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hello, I'm an ex-AFSer. I spent my year in Japan about 4years ago. When I was there, I sat for all the classes except Japanese literature. I had a special class of Japanese designed for us(me and another exchanger). In my school, my class teacher told me I can sit for the exams too if I wished, but that's not compulsory. I think what the AFS do care is your attendence. They don't really care about how did you do on accadamy. So I think whether you have to attend all classes and exams are not decided by AFS, but the school you are assigned. Don't worry about it, once you have got used to the atmosphere in Japanese highschool, it's quite easy to stay there for the whole year. And there's sth more I wanna tell you. If you have already graduated from highschool, you can choose not leaving Japan, but keep you study in Japan in universities or colleges. It's much more convinient than applying oversea if you do have a plan to study in Japan for long term~ P.S. just send me a mail if you want to know more^^