Saturday, August 1, 2009

Planing on a high school home stay in japan


Planing on a high school home stay in japan?
I'm planing to go to school in japan during the fall next year. I just wanted to know what living there is like? I'm turning 15 in the summer. I wanted to know what he house would look like and what do the families usually act like? How much japanese should i learn, i know more then avarge write know just need to work on writing? Anything you think i would need? I'm using CCI as my program... Thank you.
Studying Abroad - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It it really hard I bet the wisdom and language is hard also but good luck asian people are so cute
2 :
You def. need to be working on your writing because you just wrote "right now" as "write now". I would learn spelling before I went anywhere so you don't look dumb.
3 :
It's going to take you about a month to acclimate. That's how long it took me. Once I figured out the customs and mannerisms, I had a BLAST!
4 :
Its different there. Don't be selfish, that is looked down upon immensily. Everything they do there is for the group, not the self. Just keep that in mind.
5 :
my friend, i really wish i could help you to know a bit more but i can't. i have never been there and i dont know Japanese anyway. i have quite a few japanese friends here in Australia but they think that life is much better here. anywayzz, i wish u gud luck and make sure you study well. i'm sure you will adapt to the place easily because you are pretty young and full of energy!
6 :
Here is a web site that will help you out on being an exchange student in general. It's not Japan specific, but deals with the experience as a whole. http://www.exchangestudentworld.com/ The best advice I can give you, now hosting my 13th student and having repped many more, is to learn the language and be respectful to your host family.